Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why is everyone so obsessed with kids making fun of names? There are always 5 answers that highlight this idea?

Sure it is important but why is it the overriding factor when selecting a name? I am tired of hearing how kids will make fun of a name. My brother and I never got made fun of nor did we make fun of anybody.Why is everyone so obsessed with kids making fun of names? There are always 5 answers that highlight this idea?
This really annoys me because it doesn't always happen. I have 8 kids with different names and none of them have EVER been teased because of their names.


My kids love their different names and have always been the only child at the WHOLE school with that name.


The kids that get teased generally have an underlying cause or a meek personality.


I would rather my kids be original than just another sheep in the class. At least people remember my kids and always for the right reason.Why is everyone so obsessed with kids making fun of names? There are always 5 answers that highlight this idea?
Because we live in a society that strives on social approval. Plain and simple. Some people might try to push the boundaries and be ';different'; claiming they do not care....but in the end it's always a factor no matter how hard we try to claim it isn't. Especially the younger generations. Yahoo answers is a prime example of this. People come on here to ask questions to others to make sure they are doing something properly, to see what others think of names they chose for their children/pets/etc. we are all looking for approval. If we didn't care we wouldn't be posting these questions because other peoples' opinions wouldnt matter. But the fact is that they do, whether we care to admit it or not.





So why are people obsessed with kids making fun of their children for their names? Because it is a reality that they will have to deal with. Yes, not everyone makes fun of others and depending on your situation and location your children may never encounter such situations. But it is a reality for many. I have a very common name and even I was made fun of for it during elementary school. It's just how kids are. You might think it is endearing to name your child Niycola because she will be different and unique-but in a society that strives for uniform uniqueness, she will wish she fit in better and probably end up changing her name when she turns 18.
I dunno why it's so important, i don't think it should be either, and i don't really think about it that much when picking names. If i like it, then to me that's all that really matters.





Plus i'll teach my kids to just ignore teasing and to not let it hurt them, cuz kids will be mean, but if they don't pick on u for ur name they find something else to pick on u about (if they don't like u). My parents did this with me and my siblings and it worked for us, so i think it'll work for my kids as well.





Hope this helps and i so totally agree with u, :D.





EDIT: Yup exactly, i totally agree, Everything or anything could ruin a kids life, and it is a parents job to guide a child through all that, :D.
For good reason, if you give your kid some dumb *** name they will get made fun of, that's just life. This in turn can be very bad for a child's self esteem.
I think its important. bullying is a growing issue today. why give the kids fuel to tease your child?

No comments:

Post a Comment